Effective on and after: June 15, 2022
Welcome to the Digital Restaurant Association website (the “Site”), owned and operated by the Digital Restaurant Association, an Illinois not-for-profit corporation (“DRA”, “we”, “us”, “our”). Please read these Terms of Service carefully before using the Services (as defined below). These Terms of Service govern your use of and access to the Site, all related mobile apps, tools, products and services that we may offer from time to time (collectively, the “Services”).
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT (“AGREEMENT”) BETWEEN YOU, THE END USER, AND DRA. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY BEFORE CONTINUING TO USE THE SERVICES. BY USING THE SERVICES, YOU ARE AGREEING TO BE BOUND BY, AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO, THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, DO NOT USE ANY SERVICES. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES MEANS THAT YOU AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
BY ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES, (1) YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTAND, AND AGREE TO BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT, AND (2) YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU ARE NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW FROM ACCESSING OR USING THE SERVICES IN YOUR JURISDICTION. THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS, AMONG OTHER THINGS, AN ARBITRATION PROVISION CONTAINING A CLASS ACTION WAIVER. PLEASE READ THE “ARBITRATION” SECTION BELOW FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Updates and Modifications
We reserve the right and may, at any time, to modify, alter, and/or update this Agreement. Any such modifications, alterations, or updates will be effective upon our posting of the revised Agreement. We will update these Terms of Service to identify the effective date of any such modifications, alterations or updates, and we will use reasonable efforts to notify you in the event material changes are made to this Agreement, such as by sending you an email. Your continued use of the Services following our posting of any revised Agreement will constitute your acknowledgement of the amended Agreement. We encourage you to review this Agreement frequently to ensure that you understand the terms and conditions that apply when you access or use the Services. If you do not agree to the revised Agreement, you may not access or use the Services.
We reserve the right in our sole discretion to modify, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Services (or any features or parts thereof) or suspend or discontinue any transaction at any time and without liability therefor.
DRA offers its members educational and advocacy services. The Services are offered and available to natural persons who are 18 years of age or older in only those jurisdictions where such Services are lawfully offered. Members can access and download these materials and learn more about these services on the Site. DRA may, from time to time, offer additional services for its members. These may be offered on the Site or on another technology, such as a mobile application. All services offered to members by DRA shall be part of the Services.
You are hereby granted a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, and personal license to access and use the Services and Site content; provided, however, that such license is subject to the terms of this Agreement and does not include any right to (a) sell, resell or use commercially the Services or Site content, (b) distribute, publicly perform or publicly display any Site content, (c) modify or otherwise make any derivative uses of the Services or Site content, or any portion thereof, (d) use any data mining, robots or similar data gathering or extraction methods, (e) download (other than page caching) any portion of the Services or Site content, except as expressly permitted by us, and (f) use the Services or Site content other than for their intended purposes.
If you submit any ideas, suggestions, comments or feedback to us about the Services (collectively, “Feedback”), you hereby grant us a perpetual, non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, sublicenseable license to use and disclose your Feedback for any purpose, including without limitation, as part of the Services and any improvements and modifications thereto. You acknowledge and agree that we shall have no obligation to compensate you for any use of your Feedback, nor will we be under any obligation to use any Feedback you may submit.
An account is not required in order to access or browse our site. However, an account is required in order to obtain services provided to Members. Members should contact DRA at firstname.lastname@example.org if they need access to the members sections of the Site.
By creating an account, you agree to provide accurate, current and complete information about yourself, and to maintain and promptly update as necessary your account information. You are solely responsible for the security of your account, and you agree to maintain the security of your account, associated password and seed phrase. Do not share your password or seed phrase with any other person. You must notify us immediately by email at email@example.com if you discover or otherwise suspect any security breaches related to your account.
By creating an account, you consent to receive electronic communications from DRA, which may include notices about your account and other transactional information. You agree that any notices, agreements, disclosures or other communications that we send to you electronically will satisfy any legal communication requirements, including, but not limited to, that such communications be in writing. You should maintain copies of electronic communications from us by printing a paper copy or saving an electronic copy.
You acknowledge and agree that we or our licensors own all legal right, title and interest in and to all elements of the Services. The Services, and all of its contents, including without limitation, the DRA name and logo, and all text, photographs, images, illustrations, graphics, video material, audio material, blog posts, software, tools, logos, titles, names, button icons and the selection and arrangement thereof on the Site (collectively “Site content”), are or may be protected by copyright, trademark and other laws of the United States, as well as international conventions and the laws of other countries. The Site content is owned or controlled by us or by other parties that have provided rights thereto to us.
Except as expressly set forth herein, you may not, and agree that you will not, use, publish, reproduce, display, distribute, or modify the Site content or any portion thereof, for any purpose or by any means, method, or process. Modification of the materials appearing on the Services or use of such materials for any purpose not expressly set forth herein is a violation of our copyright and other proprietary rights. We reserve all rights in and to the Site Content, other than the limited license granted to you in this Agreement.
The DRA name and logo, and all related names, logos, domains, product and service names, designs, art, and slogans are trademarks of DRA or its licensors. You must not use such marks without the prior written permission of DRA. All other names, logos, product and service names, designs and slogans on the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
DRA respects the intellectual property rights of all creators. If you believe that any Site content violates or infringes upon your copyrights, you may submit a written notice to us in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (the “DMCA”) containing the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work(s) claimed to have been infringed.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material on the Site. Note that including specific URLs in your notice will help us to quickly identify the allegedly infringing material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit us to contact you (the complaining party), such as an address, telephone number, or email address where you (the complaining party) may be contacted.
- A statement that you (the complaining party) “have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.”
- A statement that the information in the notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you (the complaining party) are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Please send the DMCA notice to our designated Copyright Agent at:
Please include the following in the subject line of your letter and/or email: Digital Restaurant Association DMCA Notice.
In response to a valid DMCA notice, DRA reserves the right to remove the allegedly infringing content from the Site. Doing so may restrict access to the Site.
Third Party Applications
The Services may contain links to third party websites, services, and applications that are not owned, operated or controlled by us. All such links are provided solely as a convenience to you. We do not control, recommend or endorse and are not responsible for these websites or applications or their content, products, services or privacy policies or practices. When you access these third party websites, services, or applications, you leave our Services, and we are not responsible for, and do not control, the content, security, or privacy practices employed by any third party websites, services, or applications. In no event shall we be liable, directly or indirectly, to you or any other person or entity for any loss or damage arising from or occasioned by the creation or use of the third party websites, services, or applications, or the information or material accessed through these third party websites, services, or applications. If you decide to access any other website or application linked to or from the Services, you do so entirely at your own risk and subject to the terms and conditions of use for such third party websites, services, or applications.
Standards of Conduct
You are solely responsible for your use of and access to the Services. You may not use, or encourage, promote, facilitate or instruct others to use the Services, or any part thereof, to:
- Provide, submit or upload false, inaccurate or misleading information;
- Impersonate another user, person or entity, or use or attempt to use another user’s account without express written consent from such user and DRA;
- Infringe upon, misappropriate or violate any other party’s intellectual property, privacy, publicity, statutory, legal, personal or other rights;
- Collect, track, harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including without limitation email addresses, without proper consent;
- Send, upload, promote, distribute, disseminate, incite or encourage any unlawful, defamatory, disparaging, harassing, insulting, abusive, harmful, discriminatory, threatening, intimidating, malicious, fraudulent, violent, obscene, or otherwise objectionable content;
- Upload, transmit or distribute viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, corrupted files, hoaxes, or any other type of malicious code, or items of a destructive or deceptive nature, that could interfere with, disrupt, affect, damage, harm or impair the functionality or operation of the Services or of any related website, other websites, or the Internet, or that would restrict or inhibit any other person from using the Services;
- Modify, adapt, translate, copy, reproduce, duplicate, archive, download, publish, distribute, reverse engineer, decompile or disassemble the Services or portion thereof by any means, other than as expressly permitted by this Agreement or as otherwise clearly contemplated by the features and functionalities of the Services;
- Reformat, frame or mirror any portion of the Services;
- Use any robot, spider, site search/retrieval application, crawler, scraper, script, browser extension, offline reader or similar data mining, gathering or extraction tools or methods, whether automated, programmed or manual, not authorized by us to access or otherwise use the Services in any way;
- Undertake, engage, carry out, encourage, or promote any illegal or unauthorized activity that would violate, or assist in violation of, any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation, including, but not limited to, money laundering, terrorist financing, or deceptive or manipulative trading activities; or
- Use the Services for any other unlawful, improper or unethical purposes, or to violate any international, federal, provincial or state regulations, rules, laws, or local ordinances.
If you violate the terms of this Agreement, including without the limitation, the foregoing standards of conduct, DRA reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to block your access to the Site and Services and suspend or terminate your account.
VISITORS TO THE SITE OR USERS OF THE SERVICES AGREE THAT THEIR USE OF, AND RELIANCE ON, ANY ADVICE OR INFORMATION OBTAINED FROM OR THROUGH THE SITE OR SERVICES IS AT THEIR SOLE RISK. THE SITE, THE SERVICES AND ALL SITE CONTENT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”AND “AS AVAILABLE.” DRA MAKES NO WARRANTY, AND EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION: (I) ANY WARRANTIES CONCERNING THE ACCURACY, TIMELINESS, OR COMPLETENESS OF THE CONTENT ON THE SITE OR SERVICES; AND (II) ANY WARRANTIES OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, FUNCTIONALITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AS TO THE SITE, SERVICES, OR SITE CONTENT. WE DO NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE: (1) THAT THE SERVICES, ANY PORTION OF THE SITE OR SERVICES, OR E-MAILS SENT FROM OR ON BEHALF OF DRA ARE OR WILL BE FREE FROM VIRUSES, SCRIPTS, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES, OR ANYTHING ELSE CONTAINING DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES; (2) THAT ACCESS TO THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED,TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE; OR (3) THE SITE OR SERVICES WILL BE ACCURATE, RELIABLE, COMPLETE, LEGAL, OR SAFE. WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF ANY KIND FROM ANY ACTION TAKEN OR TAKEN IN RELIANCE ON MATERIAL OR INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE OR SERVICES. WHILE DRA ATTEMPTS TO MAKE YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SERVICES AND SITE CONTENT SAFE, DRA CANNOT AND DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES, SITE CONTENT, OR OUR SERVERS ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS. WE CANNOT GUARANTEE THE SECURITY OF ANY DATA THAT YOU DISCLOSE ONLINE. YOU ACCEPT THE INHERENT SECURITY RISKS OF PROVIDING INFORMATION AND DEALING ONLINE OVER THE INTERNET AND WILL NOT HOLD US RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY BREACH OF SECURITY IN ANY MANNER.
WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSS RELATED TO YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY LOSSES, DAMAGES OR CLAIMS ARISING FROM: (A) USER ERROR, SUCH AS MISTYPED ADDRESSES; (B) SERVER FAILURE OR DATA LOSS; (C) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO APPLICATIONS; OR (D) ANY UNAUTHORIZED THIRD PARTY ACTIVITIES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE USE OF VIRUSES, PHISHING, BRUTEFORCING OR OTHER MEANS OF ATTACK AGAINST THE SERVICES.
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY WARRANTIES WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT PERMIT THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES, SO THE FOREGOING EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL DRA, OUR PAST, PRESENT OR FUTURE PARENT, AFFILIATES OR SUBSIDIARIES, OR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, MEMBERS, MANAGERS, EMPLOYEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS, AGENTS, CONTRACTORS, SUCCESSORS OR ASSIGNS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, UNDER ANY LEGAL THEORY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE AVAILABILITY, USE, RELIANCE ON, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE, SERVICES, ANY SITE CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIALS, OR ANY THIRD PARTY SITES OR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, PERSONAL INJURY, PAIN AND SUFFERING, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF REVENUE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS OR ANTICIPATED SAVINGS, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF GOODWILL, LOSS OF DATA, AND WHETHER CAUSED BY TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), BREACH OF CONTRACT OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF FORESEEABLE AND EVEN IF DRA HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR ANY OF THE ABOVE CLAIMS OR FOR DISPUTES AGAINST US IS TO DISCONTINUE YOUR USE OF THE SITE AND/OR SERVICES. NOTHING IN THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE DEEMED TO EXCLUDE OR LIMIT YOUR LIABILITY IN RESPECT OF ANY INDEMNITY GIVEN BY YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, IN NO EVENT SHALL THE MAXIMUM AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF DRA ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, SERVICES, SITE CONTENT, OR ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PURCHASED ON THE SERVICES EXCEED THE GREATER OF (A) $100 OR (B) THE AMOUNT ACTUALLY RECEIVED BY DRA FROM THE SALE OF THE GOODS OR SERVICES THAT ARE THE SUBJECT OF THE CLAIM (LESS ALL COSTS, FEES, COMMISSIONS AND OTHER LIABILITIES INCURRED BY DRA IN CONNECTION THEREWITH).
THE FOREGOING DOES NOT AFFECT ANY LIABILITY WHICH CANNOT BE EXCLUDED OR LIMITED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
Notwithstanding anything contained in this Agreement, we reserve the right, without notice and in our sole discretion, to terminate your right to access or use the Services at any time and for any or no reason, and you acknowledge and agree that we shall have no liability or obligation to you in such event and that you will not be entitled to a refund of any amounts that you have already paid to us, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
Any and all controversies, disputes, demands, counts, claims, or causes of action (including the interpretation and scope of this clause, and the arbitrability of the controversy, dispute, demand, count, claim, or cause of action) between you and DRA or its successors or assigns shall exclusively be settled through binding and confidential arbitration.
Arbitration shall be subject to the Federal Arbitration Act and not any state arbitration law. Unless otherwise agreed upon by the parties in writing, the arbitration will be conducted before one arbitrator in Chicago, Illinois, and will be governed by the American Arbitration Association’s (“AAA”) Commercial Arbitration Rules and, if the arbitrator deems them applicable, the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes (collectively, the “Rules and Procedures”).
To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, you and DRA must abide by the following rules: (1) ANY CLAIMS BROUGHT BY YOU OR DRA MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTY’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING; (2) THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE MORE THAN ONE PERSON’S CLAIMS, MAY NOT OTHERWISE PRESIDE OVER ANY FORM OF A REPRESENTATIVE OR CLASS PROCEEDING, AND MAY NOT AWARD CLASS-WIDE RELIEF; (3) the arbitration shall be confidential, and neither you nor DRA may disclose the existence, content or results of any arbitration, except as may be required by law or for purposes of enforcement of the arbitration award; (4) the arbitrator may award any individual relief or individual remedies that are permitted by applicable law; and (5) each side pays its own attorneys’ fees and expenses unless there is a statutory provision that requires the prevailing party to be paid its fees and litigation expenses, and, in such instance, the fees and costs awarded shall be determined by the applicable law.
- Governing Law. We control and operate the Services from the United States of America. We do not represent that the Site content or other materials on the Services are appropriate or available for use in other locations. Persons who choose to access the Services from other locations do so on their own initiative, and are responsible for compliance with all local laws, if and to the extent local laws are applicable.
You agree that any dispute arising under or related to this Agreement will be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws in effect in the State of Illinois, without regard to its conflicts of law principles. Notwithstanding the arbitration provisions above, in the event that we elect to seek injunctive or other equitable relief, or there is a dispute that is otherwise not subject to arbitration, you expressly and irrevocably consent to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state or federal courts, as applicable, located in Chicago, Illinois, and to the exercise of personal jurisdiction in such courts in connection with any such dispute.
- Severability. If any provision, or portion thereof, of this Agreement is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision, or portion thereof, shall be severable from the remainder of this Agreement, and all other terms and provisions of this Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
- Survival. All terms and provisions of this Agreement that are intended to survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement and the termination of your Account shall so survive.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement between you and DRA with respect to the Site, Services, Site content, and any transaction conducted on or through the Site or Services, and supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals (whether oral, written or electronic) between you and DRA with respect to those matters. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employment relationship is created as a result of this Agreement, and neither party has any authority of any kind to bind the other in any respect. This Agreement, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you without the prior written consent of DRA. DRA’s failure to assert any right or provision under this Agreement shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision, or of DRA’s right to enforce such right or provision. Except as otherwise provided herein, this Agreement is intended solely for the benefit of the parties and is not intended to confer third party beneficiary rights upon any other person or entity.
If you have any questions about the Services or the terms of this Agreement, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.